Wednesday 5 September 2012

IMC 2012 – Assignment Rough Sketch (June 4)

After trying out different poses and backgrounds as thumbnails I finally decided on something. Here is a rough sketch of what I'm thinking. I picture him scouring the land right after he's finished a meal of raw leopard, mmmm! I might have to change it to a lion though since I know he ate those in the book, I forget if he ate leopard or not. I'm going to clean it up and make any changes and do a color comp too. Only a few days to go until the trip over! Feedback is appreciated.

Oh also, for the pose, I was trying to figure out how to get reference photos. This wasn't the easiest pose to get photos of (I tried). I was told about Daz 3D by fellow IMCer John Petersen; it's a free 3D program that is super easy to use and already comes with human models that you can mold to whatever character you want and you can add hair and clothing and skin and then pose them and add lighting. So awesome for basic reference to try out different lighting, poses, and angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment