Wednesday 5 September 2012

IMC 2012 - Assignment Thumbnails (May28)

The Illustration Master Class is now less than 2 weeks away. After going back and forth a bit with a couple of the choices, I finally decided on the Tarzan assignment. Before this, I didn't know much about Tarzan, I knew him as a wild ape man who runs around in a loin cloth and has a girlfriend named Jane. I hadn't read the books or even seen the Disney movie! Well, now I've seen a few of the movies and read the first couple books. I want to focus on the first book where he grows up with the apes and later finds out that he is a human and starts to differentiate himself from the apes; and of course he meets other humans for the first time. Here are a few ideas. At first I was thinking of illustrating Tarzan and Jane either right before Tarzan kills Kerchak or after when they embrace for the first time. 
Or I might want to do a more iconic image of Tarzan crouching in the treetops with his stolen tribal gear on, his mom's gold chain and locket, and dad's knife. I have a few ideas for the story behind the image; His expression will be important. He could be stalking prey or maybe he's taking a breather and pondering what his heritage really is. I'm not done with the thumbnails, I still want to rough out a few more ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment